Sunday, October 23, 2016

Childhood dream fulfilled!

For most of my life I have always wanted to travel Europe. Italy in particular, it didn't matter where just Italy. Well that dream finally came true! I was able to cover a lot of Rome. I do have to tell you now, if you are planning visiting Rome in the future. Do give yourself more than three days. Three days was definatly not enough time to explore this beautiful city. Although I am very satisfied with what we were able to accomplish. I will start at the beginning. We arrived on a Thursday and took a bus to the main train station where we were able to hop on the metro to the area our hostel was in. The minute we walked out of the metro I fell in love. After a bit we found our hostel and we decided to look around by now it was dark we got a bite to eat and of course I have to get a cannoli! The next day (Friday). We jumped on the metro and went to the main train station and looked around the city around it. There we found the Basilica of Santa Marina. The inside was absolutely beautiful! I just loved the old architecture that is all around the city. In the afternoon we set off to the Vatican City. Before we saw the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel we found this little hole in the wall pizza place. The pizza place was called Pizzeria Rustica. I swear it was the best pizza I have ever had. The pizzas are baked in rectangles and cut the pizza with scissors, you just tell them how much you want and they cut it up for you. The then weigh it and warm it in the oven. They then pull it out of the oven and fold it and wrap it up. So it's like a pizza sandwich. We then visited the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel. I do apologize for the lack of the pitures of the museums. I was just in awe of the inside I do have a few of the outside area of the museums and a few of just some of the amazing ceilings. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures of the Sistine Chapel, because it is a holy place. My goodness though the Sistine Chapel was just draw dropping. The detail was incredible and the symbolism was so interesting. Each painting had some kind of symbolism behind it. The more I stared at each painting I would notice new things everytime. Iadmire  Michelangelo for his incredible talent and hard work. After the museums and Sistine Chapel we walked over to St. Peter's Basilica and wow that was incredible. We only saw the outside, but it was fun to just look at it and soak up all of the history. Saturday we were able to visit the Colosseum and boy was that a heart stopper for me. I just couldn't wrap my head out the fact that I was, standing in or more like surronded by a peice of history. It was so interesting to imagine the whole Colosseum and all of the people in it. I was just midblown by how actual gladiators fought in there and how thousands apon thousands of people sat and watched. after spending a couple our in the Coloseum we ate at this cute   resturatnt. I promise the pasta i got there changed my life. We literaly had a veiw of the Coloseum as we were eating it was perfect! Oh and of course we had to get gelato from Italy and eat it in front of the Coloseum!! That night we took the metro to the Pantheon. As we were walking there the area was lit up and the was a violinist. My heart melted, to be honest when I think of Europe that is the literal picture that pops up in my head. I have a video but my blog wont let put it up.  Facebook message me if you want to see it. We then decided to walk around after the Pantheon. We ended up in the Imperial Forum and boy was that beautiful. Rome lit up at lit confirmed my love for it even more so. The funny thing was that the Pantheon was about a five minute walk from the Imperial Forum and as we were walking around trying to find a metro stop we saw the Coloseum in the distance. Turns out the Pantheon was about a ten minute walk from the Coloseum and we ended going an even longer way on the metro and had to walk five minutes from the nearest stop. Long story short it would have teken less time to walk to the Pantheon from the Coloseum than it did to take the metro. Sadly Sunday was our last day, that did not stop us from seeing things. We woke up early and with our back packs full of clothes. We ventured to the Trevi fountain. I have always wanted to see it ever sense I watched the Lizzie Mcguire movie. I know cheezey but true. I even threw a coin in. With the little time we had left we walked over to the Spanish Steps. Although it was packed with people they were beautiful! I even sat down and tried to eat. Sadly I was kicked off because apperently eating on the steps is not allowed. Oh well haha I still got a picture! Alrighty that is all of Rome! see ya'll next time!  


Got to have a cannoli in Itallia!


The door to our room in the hostel we stayed at.


The Vatican City 












The roof tops of the Vatican City from the Vatican Museums 







Literally the best pizza I have EVER had!















 
 Oh yes of course gelato in front of the Closeum


I will never look at any other pasta the same. 


We of course had to see the Colosseum at night




     The beautiful Pantheon








St. Peters Basilica






  This was a garden inside the Basilica of Santa Maria.

Outside of the Basilica of Santa Marina

St. Peter's Basilica with the cutest girls in Rome

We were so excited to be in the Colusseum, our inner gladiator came out



Trevi Fountain with these cuteies






The Spanish Steps

Eating lunch on the steps. This was snapped right before I was kicked off for eating on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment