Sunday, December 18, 2016

La revedere Romania

As I sit here in the airport in Bucharest, waiting for my first flight. I am reflecting back on all that has happened these past four months. It's crazy to think I have been actually been living in Europe; I have always had the dream but I never thought it would happen. I have learned so much from this experience, I have learned how to and how not to travel. My kids have taught how to love without limits, for some reason it took a bit for it to sink in that these kids were really orphans. Once reality set in I just gave myself over to them; it was so rewarding to walk into my room every morning and watch them get excited the second they saw me. While on vactions I would really miss my kids, and it was nice to tell myself that I would see them on Monday. It was really hard for me to except that it might be a while before I could see them again. Another thing I loved was when I traveled and I would get back to Iasi and my first thought would be " I'm home". I fell in love with the city and it really felt like home. The people are so great and it was so fun meeting people who were willing to speak english. It was also fun to try speaking Romanian with them, I know we looked extremely confused the whole time. At least I know I did. I am so greatful for the great group of girls I was with, we had good and bad experiences with each other. I am just so happy we were all there for each other when each of us needed it. I just can't believe it is coming to an end, I will forever hold a special place in my heart for Romania and all of the people there. I hope I will be able to return!

Pa Pa, Romania til we meet again
(bye, bye)


I am so happy that it snowed before we left, I also love how Romania does Christmas. There were lights and decorations everywhere!









I have to say I was in a pretty great group! I am so glad we were able to have this experience together and create the friends we did. I will never forget them and I hope they will never forget me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment